UMR Rehab Insurance & Benefits
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, about 22.7 million American’s would benefit from addiction and substance abuse treatment. Although of that large figure, it’s estimated that only about 2.5 million people actually get the help they need from a professional rehab treatment facility.
The huge disparity between these figures shows us that more Americans would benefit from access to quality drug rehab treatment. In most cases, the biggest roadblock preventing individuals from entering rehab is the cost. This is why UMR rehab coverage is so vital. These third-party organizations help insurance providers produce quality rehab and substance abuse treatment coverage.
Verification of Benefits
Fill out the information below, and a qualified addiction counselor will contact you within an hour.
What is UMR?
Employers choose to work with UMR because it offers greater flexibility in providing unique and personalized insurance plans designed to fit the needs of its members. This includes UMR addiction treatment options and mental health provisions.
Benefits of Inpatient and Outpatient Rehab
- Many UMR rehab insurance partners prefer inpatient treatment for their members since there are more residential rehab facilities covered under UMR’s network.
- Inpatient care requires clients to take time off work or school to live at the facility.
- Clients receive 24-hour supervision from a healthcare professional.
- Therapy sessions occur on a daily basis.
- Inpatient treatment gives clients a safe environment to detox from drugs or alcohol.
- The cost of food and lodging is included in the price of the program.
- These types of programs are less common with UMR insurance partners.
- Outpatient treatment is helpful in specific situations. For example, if the client has already detoxed and simply needs help maintaining sobriety.
- This treatment is best suited to individuals who are able to stay away from triggers and self-regulate their exposure to substances.
- Treatment is often considered less intense because it only is required on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.
What Type of Rehab is Covered with UMR?
Since UMR is not an insurance agency, they do not provide coverage directly. Instead, UMR works within its network of over 3,000 service providers to create comprehensive mental health and addiction coverage for their clients, the insurance companies.
In accordance with the Affordable Care Act and the Addiction Equity Act, UMR understands how vital these services are and how important it is to make more mental health and addiction services available to those who need it. UMR alcohol rehab coverage and drug rehab coverage aims to give insurance providers the tools they need to truly make a difference for their members.
Although many insurance companies are supported by UMR, the individual coverage is completely dependent on the unique insurance provider. For example, UMR recognizes the need for both outpatient and inpatient treatment, however, some insurance companies may only provide some coverage for one or the other. UMR also understands the importance of unique timelines and length of care for individuals. However, not many insurance policies are able to provide unlimited drug or alcohol rehab treatment. Before committing to a program, it’s important to contact your insurance provider to find out exactly what is covered with your unique plan.
Other Considerations to Take with UMR Addiction Treatment
- Are there any out-of-pocket fees or premiums to pay?
- How long will the coverage last?
- What types of facilities are available?
It’s recommended to ask as many questions as possible to determine the true extent of your coverage, that way, you won’t experience any unexpected hiccups or fees.
Benefits of Paying for Rehab with Insurance
Addiction impacts so many people in America. By working with insurance companies to make alcohol or drug rehab more readily available, UMR drug rehab coverage service is able to help more people and have a hand in eliminating the stigma surrounding addiction. Many people who would benefit from addiction treatment state the cost as a major factor in not getting the help they need. By using insurance to cover the costs for treatment, clients will be able to enter a quality rehab facility without worrying about paying a large bill at the end of treatment.
Find Out More About Your Coverage and Get Started with Recovery Today
Addiction is nothing to be ashamed of. As a chronic disease, we can cure it and manage it with expert care and professional addiction treatment. Call your insurance provider today and find out how UMR is helping to provide quality mental health and addiction treatment options for its clients.
300 S. 6th St Fort Pierce, FL, 34950
From the Blog
After months of lockdown, you may be wondering whether it’s safe to seek in-person addiction care. Here’s what to look for in a post-pandemic rehab center so you can get the help you need in a safe and secure environment.read more