Dallas Rehab for Drug & Alcohol Addiction
Luckily, help isn’t far away, and you can get substance abuse treatment in Dallas that will help you overcome your addiction, understand the causes of it, and equip you with the skills and resources you need to manage your stress and run your life without relying on drugs or alcohol.
Ready to Learn More about the Matrix Model?
Fill out the form below and one of our admissions counselors can assist you!
Understanding the Causes and Risk Factors of Addiction
- Family history (environment): If you have a close relative who struggled with substance use, then you have a higher chance of struggling with addiction
- Family situation: if you have a troubled bond with your parents and family, it could increase your risk
- Co-occurring disorders: There’s an undeniable link between substance use and mental illness, so if you suffer from depression, ADHD, PTSD, anxiety, or other mental health issues, you’re at a greater risk
- Genetics: Your inherited traits don’t necessarily determine anything for certain, but there are a number of genes linked with addiction, so if there’s a family history of substance use, you may have inherited some genes that could make you more susceptible
- Peer pressure: This is particularly strong with younger people, but having friends who abuse drugs or alcohol can act as a negative influence on you at any age
Preparing for the Withdrawal Period
Another important factor that can determine the severity of withdrawal symptoms is the medical attention and support available to you, and when you go through detox at a trusted Dallas addiction treatment facility, you’ll have access to help, support, and round-the-clock medical attention during this period.
Detox is the essential first phase of any recovery program, because during this time your body will purge all the drugs and alcohol from its system, and will go through withdrawal, which occurs when your body is deprived of a substance to which it has become addicted. Withdrawal symptoms are both physical and emotional, and they include nausea, vomiting, sweating, muscle tension, insomnia, depression, anxiety, and headaches. While many people fear withdrawal to the point where they’ll actually avoid seeking treatment for their addiction, many people who have been through it describe it as no worse than a bad flu.
How to Take Care of Yourself in Recovery
- Balanced and nutritious meals
- An on-site gym
- Yoga classes
- Meditation sessions
- Jogs on the beach
- Kayaking and fishing excursions
Caring for Your Mind and Body at the Best Rehab in Dallas
A few of the therapies you can expect to enjoy at your Dallas addiction treatment include personalized individual therapy, group sessions, cognitive behavioral therapy, trauma and relapse prevention groups, and even art, equine, and music therapy sessions.
Seeking help from a Dallas drug rehab and alcohol treatment program isn’t just about getting sober—it’s also about getting your family back, your career back on track, and your life back in order. At Beachside Rehab, you’ll learn the importance of taking care of your body and your mind, and you’ll learn about the true toll that substance use can have on you.
On top of going through detox in a safe and monitored environment, you’ll also have access to therapy, individual medical attention, and personalized treatment for yourself and your family that will get you well on your way to lifelong sobriety.
Beachside Rehab provides effective addiction treatment for alcohol and the following drugs: heroin, cocaine, crack, ecstasy, methamphetamine, oxycontin, opiates/opioids and prescription medications. We accept most major insurance policies. If you have questions or concerns about your insurance coverage for rehabilitation, call Beachside Rehab at 866-349-1770.
300 S. 6th St Fort Pierce, FL, 34950
From the Blog
Enhanced telehealth services can provide you with essential addiction treatment from the comfort of home.read more