Beachside Rehab is pleased to host the event, Give Recovery a Chance Everyday on November 12th. This event comes just before the holiday season, a time while expected to be joyful, is often a stressful and difficult time for people struggling with addiction problems and their families. The holiday season brings with it more social gatherings, increased exposure to alcohol and additional anxiety for many.
Give Recovery a Chance Everyday is an event held to increase awareness about addiction and the treatments available, as well as a fundraiser to provide financial assistance for low-income families in need of alcohol or drug treatment.
Who’s invited to our special event?
Anyone who is interested in learning more about addictions treatment or would just like to come out to support a worthy cause are invited to attend. Come chat with the Beachside staff and meet other families who have struggled and overcome addictions. Local newspapers from Mansfield, Marion, Crestline and Galion have been invited to cover this event and spread the word about supporting addictions treatment.
Special Events and Activities
The event kicks off with a march through Bucyrus, Ohio, a small town that’s recently been affected by a spike in heroin overdoses and fatal drug-related incidents. Stand together in solidarity with your community to help fight drug and alcohol addictions. There are many special events planned during the day starting at 12 p.m.:
- Enjoy live music from three bands.
- Bowl at Suburban Lanes who have kindly donated the use of their bowling alley for this event.
- Buy raffle tickets to raise funds for low-income families in need of addictions treatment. The grand prize is a flat-screen television.
- Bid on the silent auction which features a handcrafted custom guitar by a local artisan.
- Hear personal stories from those on the path of recovery and memories from families who have lost loved ones to addiction.
- 20 donated scholarships from local rehab facilities will be given away.
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse:
- Illicit drug use in America is on the rise. A survey conducted in 2013 shows that approximately 9.4 percent of the population aged 12 or older has used an illicit drug in the past month.
- There’s a large difference between the number of people who need addiction treatment (22.7 million) and those who actually receive treatment (2.5 million).
Interested in Being a Donor or Sponsor?
Please call the Beachside Rehab team directly at 888-671-9034. All donors will be mentioned and thanked in the local paper. For more information about detox, addictions treatment, and aftercare, please visit Beachside Rehab.